Skip to main content

Review of "One of Us Is Lying" by "Karen M. McManus"


“Things will get worse before they get better.” -Karen M. McManus in “One of Us Is Lying.

This book in no way did! It just kept getting worse by the page but I am getting ahead of myself here. Let’s start from the beginning.

 My rating for this book: 3 stars out of 5.


      Okay fine! That's a generous rating because I am too kind a person. No, honestly I am! You’ll realize that once you read this book. 
I do really recommend reading this book as it is one of the most popular YA/Mystery reads of 2017. Don’t believe me? Check out it’s ratings and reviews on Goodreads.

      I did enjoy everything leading up to the horrible ending so I couldn't help but give it 3 stars. The story itself is in no way boring but it’s definitely not a page turner either. The characters were relatable only if you are a teenager attending high school. Since I have been there and done all of that I really did not want to re live that. Who does? High school years are hard.

      It felt like an R.L Stine novel at times and as much as I loved reading those as a teenager, things like that offer no appeal, whatsoever, now. *sigh*. So I guess what I am trying to say is, YA is just not my cup of tea! I prefer adult mysteries. And more so mysteries that offer a good/plausible ending! 

*Spoiler below*..
.
Seriously a murder turned suicide?!!! Are you kidding me?!!!!!!! It was so lame that I couldn't have, in a million years, imagined that to turn out to be the end!
 
Can you all tell that I am ticked? (-.-)

My Goodreads page https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/66632824-cyra


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On a more positive note...

“Be self sufficient”. How many times have we heard this? How often have we said this to ourselves? I know the answer as I am sure you know it too. What does self sufficiency mean? What exactly does this word encompass? If you think it only means you being able to provide for yourself, then you, my friend, are utterly wrong.                There are moments in all of our lives when we are completely alone and all on our own. This happens just about every day. Late at night when you are with your thoughts alone. There's no place in your head where you can hide from them. No amount of loud music can ever dull the voices in your head! Sounds kind of insane, doesn't it? Well, aren't we all?            It's moments like these in which you need to be self sufficient: mentally, emotionally and spiritually self sufficient. You need to learn how to be alone and to be happy in that solitude. To be so content in your own company that no matter what your mind says to you duri